What is Climate Controlled Storage?
Climate controlled storage is a storage type that provides regulated temperatures for storage units holding people’s items. The average temperature in a climate-controlled storage unit varies from about 75-85 degrees. The variances depend on the weather outside, warmer in the cold and cooler in the when it’s hot outside.
Climate control protects items from being ruined in the elements. For Instance, if you’re storing plastic and the heat exceeds 101-105, the heat has potential to melt your plastics or effect your furniture. In other words, climate control storage services protect your items and below are some of the items you may want to make sure are stored in a climate controlled environment.
What many newcomers to self-storage don’t realize is, many everyday items are at risk if they don’t store them in a climate controlled storage environment.
What Should Be Stored in A Climate Controlled Unit?
Although climate controlled units are great for all storable items, it may not be required for all of them. The question is, “what items should be stored in units with climate control?”
If you’re looking for extra storage space should you consider climate control storage?
What is the difference between climate controlled and non-climate-controlled storage units?
- Climate control units are often a bit more expensive than traditional units.
- Most climate controlled storage companies are located in-doors. Indoor storage facility’s keep the storage units themselves away from the effects of
water damage from rain and snow, sleet and hale as well as extreme heat.
- Mold and Mildew are often not an issue with climate-controlled units.
- Most storage facility’s that offer climate control are much cleaner then those that are outdoors.
- If the storage complex exists in a region that has various seasons, you should consider upgrading to climate control. Safe & Secure Self-Storage offers climate controlled storage units for rent.
- If you’re looking for a specific temperature to store your items in, it’s best to call the storage facility first to find out whether they can meet your needs.
What Items Should Be Stored in A Climate Controlled Environment?
- One-of-a-kind Items that are irreplaceable
- Wooden Furniture that can warp or crack
- Items containing leather
- Paper Documents and highly valued books
- Family heirlooms and
- Items that are valuable or one of a kind
- Wood furniture that can crack or warp
- Leather furniture
- Books or important paper documents
- Aantique’s or family heirlooms
- Musical instruments that can be damaged by changes in temperatures or humidity
- Paintings or photographs
- Clothing such as fur or leather
Ultimately, the choice is up to you, but if you’re storing items that mean a lot to you, climate control storage is the best option. Many customers that choose Safe & Secure Self Storage, find that they prefer climate control over the traditional storage services. We advise that you look into how extreme varying temperatures will affect the items you want to store.